13.07.2009

My Brooklyn Sound

This entry is result and vital reminiscence of my most recent trip to New York. In advance I planed to hear and see some live performances. By chance I discovered Casiotone for the Painfully Alone. Apart from the absolutely stunning band/project name his music sounds refreshingly new and innovative to my easily bored ears. A wild mix of (solely by a drum machine and keyboards generated) sounds and the sometimes clear and vibrant, sometimes electronically blurred voice of Owen Ashworth aka Casiotone For The Painfully Alone create an amazing listening experience.
As a plus: you can listen to his lyrics, in which he tells lovestories and everyday life occurrences. No strange factitious lines in order to prove his artistic genius - but great observation skills.

I got the chance to see Casiotone for the Painfully Alone at Market Hotel in Brooklyn. It was quite an experience due to the very authentic location and motley crew which came along with me.
I like the music even more after seeing him performing.
Here's your chance to get to know an extraordinary artist.

download Casiotone For The Painfully Alone - “Old Panda Days” from the 2009 "Advance Base Battery Life" album on Tomlab

download Casiotone For The Painfully Alone - "Bobby Malone Moves Home" from the 2006
"Etiquette" album on Tomlab

(download: right mouse-> save to)

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen